View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Level Increases: Bankroll vs. ROI

You can always use a sliding scale. For instance (using roughly 40xbuyin guideline to be safe):

$0-$450 (10/1 SNGs)
$450-$900 (20/2 SNGs)
$1300-$2200 (50/5 SNGs)
$4360-$8500 (100/9 SNGs)
$8600+ (200/15 SNGs)

You just play SNGs based purely on where your bankroll is on the above scale. If you have a bad run, you end up moving down, if you have a good run, you end up moving up.

Of course, if you feel like your ROI at the next level is so low you aren't making a better $/hr return, then you should probably move down. For instance, I'd guess many players will get to the higher levels and just find the games too tough to beat and stick with the next highest level no matter how large his/her bankroll got.

If you have the discipline to just play based on your bankroll range then following the above guideline should work fine. I'd imagine for a +EV player at the lower levels this guide has almost no ROR (although if it does I hope someone tells me! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).

Yugoslav

Note: high limit 6-handed ring games seem to be a bad idea for many healthy SNG bankrolls, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]