View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 02:30 PM

Default Re: .5/1 to 1/2 strategy adjustment

[ QUOTE ]
I'm convinced that my standard .5/1 game (which is making me >4bb/100) is a long-term loser in 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this assessment. value bets have to tighten up slightly, preflop has to tighten up (or at least in your case, adjust) and semibluffs now occasionally work.

[ QUOTE ]

So if I'm folding these limping hands early, then I MUST add more limping hands later, to keep the 17/8 stats where they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can steal the blinds more in LP, as it'll be folded around to you more often. and a hand like A9o which was mucked at .5/1 can be a blind steal at 1/2. I'm 17/9.5 over about 7500 hands, and I was 20/8 at .5/1.

[ QUOTE ]

This means limping later with more marginal hands if it's only 1sb to play. Does this sound correct to you players with .5/1 and 1/2 experience?

[/ QUOTE ]

against some of the looser 1/2 players I play hands like 76s and 87s after they've limped, if that's the kind of thing you're talking about.

[ QUOTE ]

Lets assume typical 1/2 party game, 2-3 limpers when the action gets to you in the CO or on the BT. You limp with? Suited kings? ATo? A9o? KJo? KTo? Or do you limp the same hands and call the raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably raise KJo and ATo on the button if it's only two limpers. I limp with them with more limpers, if I remember correctly. A9o and KTo are blind steal hands for me, that's about it.

the main adjustment is getting used to shorthanded and heads up situations postflop, IMO. there are still enough loose players that you don't need any drastic adjustments, but you do find yourself heasd up more often.