View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 03:13 PM

Default Re: How would you play this hand?

This is a tough one. If 1st position(2nd stack) limper has been limping into everything, I may push here and try to take it down. If he's been limping into a lot of pots, it's likely he doesn't have much and is just looking to see cheap flops and connect. I like this play more if you've been playing very tightly, where your play will get more respect. If you've been throwing weight around, I wouldn't push here, because if you get called you are in marginal shape. You may be leading, but he's likely got 2 overs to your 2nd card(as it turns out small stack did).

assuming the check preflop, I'm done once that board comes. you have no easy way of finding out if A7-9 limped(it's likely AT-AK would have raised at this stage of game). if one of those is out there, you could be in kicker trouble. KQ, QJ, QT, Q9, JT, J9 all could have limped into this hand. QT has you in all kinds of trouble. J9 is open ended. all others have pair and 4 to a straight. all of these hands have a lot of outs.

if a small bet came later from small stack, I might call. but, on this turn bet, when you just call, you have to assume that a push is coming on the river(though it turns out that with 3 to the flush hitting, maybe not). I'd have folded to the turn bet.