View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Standard Hand 2: Whiffed Overcards OOP

why is 1.5 standard for overcards? (I've read SSH, I'm asking rhetorically)

I think this is way more experience based than something like backdoor flush outs, which are calculated more mathematically.

as a theoretical exercise, rate my overcard outs (not other outs, such as flush/straight outs):

Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Flop of 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Flop of 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Flop of 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I guess my point is that it's more the general concept of discounting outs that matters rather than the fact that each overcard is worth 2.781 outs - Ed says in SSH we can't be expected to do all the math for discounting while we're at the table anyway.