View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 04:11 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Hand Question

Playing at the $25 PL Omaha Hi/Lo table on Party Poker.

I get dealt A/2/3/5 and there's a lot of pre-flop raising. I chose this particular table because the avg pot size was close to $70, I [censored] you not!

Frigging crazy maniacs at this table raising and re-raising with just about any hand. Figured it would be a good place to get my premium hands paid off well.

So anyway, there's this guy who's playing like a maniac and he's sitting on over 150 bucks (remember, you can only sit down with 25 max to start) I've seen him raise pre-flop with hands like K/9/K/9 and other such junk and of course before the flop there's a lot of raising.

So I wind up with about 10 bucks of my starting 25 invested pre-flop and the flop is 2/4/J. Once again, lots of raising, re-raising, etc. There's about 70 bucks in the pot when it comes down to me for my remaining 14 bucks at that table to call.

I figure with my hand any low card will snag me at least half the pot, and if the right card comes up I might snag the high hand as well.

So I stick around, and the turn is a J and the river......a J. So the guy sitting on 150+ bucks who's been playing crazy wins because he held the last J in the deck.

Anyway, I still think my pre-flop and post-flop calls were correct, putting all 25 bucks I had on the table into that pot since my hand was so strong for the low and straight draws.

I know, this probably sounds more like a bad beat story than a real question. I guess I'm just looking for some reinforcement then I made the correct play, even though post-flop I was on a draw, albeit a strong one where I could turn my starting 25 bucks into a good 50-150 bucks in the final showdown given how crazy everyone at the table had been playing.