View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Semi-bluffing All-in on the Bubble

Thank you all for your replies - they were most helpful.

[ QUOTE ]
just because everyone else is minraising doesnt mean that you should follow along.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and have since stopped doing this.

[ QUOTE ]
i would prefer to bet something like 22k because if they have any intelligence whatsoever they will realize that this bet commits you to the pot and so it smells like you want them to call. i think you are just as likely to get them to fold with this size bet then a push. the added benefits of betting this size are that it forces them to commit 37k when you only commit 22k (if youre bluffing). If they decide only to call, you can buy a free card on the turn and fold the river if you dont improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do find this reasoning persuasive. I guess I've tended to adhere to the school of thought that says if I'm going to be pot-committed anyway, I might as well move all-in immediately. But I had position on this hand, which lends itself more to the above approach.

[ QUOTE ]
Interested in the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, only the small blind called. He turned over A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I failed to improve. He would have been crippled if I had drawn out (or had had a hand that beat top pair); I doubt I would have made that call in his shoes. C'est la vie.