View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 11:45 AM

Default PP 250 K Guaranteed bust out - please help

Let me start by saying that I am a big big fan of 2+2. I have been reading like crazy and replying to posts but haven't really posted many on my own. But I think it is time for one. So here we go.

I finally qualified for the PP sunday 250 K guaranteed by winning the 7 dollar sub-qualifier and then the subsequesnt qualifier.

1511 players registered, 130 places paid, top place - 60 K, 130th - $300.

I am recovering from a busted bankroll and am playing low limit/NL/tournaments to build it up - so I am more than happy to finish in the money.

I started and immediately knew that this tournament is full of tight-Harrington type players, just grinding it out, I was not getting much cards so I really had no choice.
Starting with t1500, i saw my stack dwindle to 800 with the blinds at 50/100. I made a desperate all-in steal with 78 hearts MP and got lucky with two pair - so I have 1600 now, about half an hour later - after not winning any hand, I doubled up with QQ and had about 3k. The fun starts now. I pretty much just hung on, stealing a few and losing small steal attempts, and was at about t2600 when the blinds were 200/400 and average stack of 7.5k (300 left).
Any how, the game has progressed to a race for blind steals. I look down at 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in Late MP, folded to me so I decide to take a shot and make it 1200 to go (???). folded to SB who raises to put me all in ( I have about 1400 left), BB folds, and I take a lot of time and FOLD thinking he has AK, AA, KK, QQ etc, and that 1400 is still workable for a all in steal/doubleup attempt. The very next hand - folded to me again and i have 55 - so i push for 1400. The same guy who is the button now - RRs to 5400 (crap) - all fold. He shows KK and I bust out 258th as he catches a K on flop to seal it!

I was left wondering - if I should have called the 1400 with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ? did he catch two mosnter preflop hands in a row?

Please help!