View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 03:42 AM

Default 3 players....now what?

This past weekend I played in a 100 buy-in tourney. There was a re-buy period and 31 total players. The prize fund ended up being about 5100-5500 bucks. At the end of the tourney 3 of us were left and chip stacks were about even.

I had a pretty good read on the player to my left. He was tight. How tight? He often folded his SB to the BB and just gave him the chips. He'd fold to any raise unless he held something premium. If he re-raised he typically had the goods making it pretty easy to lay down.

The player to my right was a little more tricky. He doesn't surrender his blinds hardly ever. He'll make a raise at my to try and steal my blinds. Has the stones to go all-in a draw if he feels he has good outs or can just take it down right there.

So, here's my question. When I have the button how should I be playing? The player to my left was folding his SB to the BB very often and if I had opened with a raise there's a good chance I'm taking down a ton of those pots. Plus add to that the fact that in subsequent rounds I'd be in position makes it very attractive. However, the stacks were all about equal 30,000 - 40,000 each and blinds were at 2,000 - 4,000. If I'm coming in for a raise I'd have to be like 12,000 which is over 1/3 of my chips.

So what should I be doing?