View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Looking for General Views of Pokerstars

Well, I've been playing at PokerStars for a few days now. Their software is similar to Paradise in features and speed. Their chat and dealer text functions are less convenient than those at Paradise, since the text often auto-scrolls while you try to review recent action or chat (though not as bad as PartyPoker's program) and an options menu must first be accessed to switch between text display options. Their player notes feature is also much less useful than the one at Paradise Poker (where you can make notes which pop up on screen when you place your cursor over the player). On the positive side, their multi-table tournaments seem very well done.

As for the games, I have thus far played low limits (up to 3-6) and found the competition to be a bit tougher than what I usually encountered at Paradise...a lot of tight and aggressive play.

One difference between PokerStars and other sites is that all their games are 9-handed. I prefer being able to choose between 10-handed and 5 or 6-handed games.

I haven't had any experience with their support yet. I seem to be experiencing more connection issues at PokerStars than Paradise, but fewer than at PartyPoker or TruePoker.