View Single Post
Old 05-02-2002, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Looking for General Views of Pokerstars

He asked...

Two months ago I did something I never thought I'd do, I trusted an online poker site enough to send part of my hard earned bankroll.

The site was TruePoker and I still trust it and love playing there.

When I first decided to take the TP plunge, PokerStars was also a site I felt I could trust and their promotions this week encouraged me to make a deposit to max out the 25% bonus.

ANYWAYS (sheesh can I ramble or what)

My General views (only 3 days, 700 some hands)

1. Easy to download, easy to deposit, easy to use software. Responsive support department (but I wont say why I know this).

2. 3/6 and 5/10 Games this week have been very tight and very agressive. Expected with the promotion on 2+2 and RGP, I guess. Ive heard even 2/4 is unusually strong.

3. WAY quicker than TruePoker. To me, this is more bad than good. 9 handed makes it easier to get down to 6-7 handed really quick and 90+ hands per hour just seems to hectic to me right now, being used to TP. Not as much player interaction, cause things zip by too darn fast.

NOTE: 4&5 Are not accusations, just my limited experience in the last 3 days...

4. I've seen a lot more HUGE hands (quads, nut flushes, boats). I've seen a lot of flops that seem to perfectly hit the people left in the hand (set over set, two pair vs. top pair w/ nut flush draw, AQ flops when players hold AK and AQ, etc... This of course, may just be the way the cards fell over this short period. But I am keeping an eye on it.

5. In 2 months, I've seen some nasty suckouts on TruePoker and like most of you, I end up as the suckee. However, I have yet to see anything at TP to make me think the software/player is helping themselves. The last three days at PS, I have seen a lot of slim draws hit on the turn or river, which I guess I would expect less of in the T/A games that have dominated play. Comments from other players at the table seem to reinforce this occurs a lot. But of course everyone says that... again, just something Im keeping an eye on.

6. Got to try my first baby PL game last night after I got enough Points for the hat. Very interesting. Worth a try.

7. The tournaments appear to be second to none. I'm looking forward to trying them.

So, my advice?

If you're going to try it, do it now and get the 25% bonus (you missed the shirt and hat [img]/images/smile.gif[/img] ). See you around at TP & maybe PS.

Michael

Be the flop...

See the flop...

You're not being the flop, Danny.