View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 01:48 PM

Default Untrue and unfair

As you know, I was a Highlands prop also, and together with the others started on Feb. 18. I received three reasonably timely cashout payments in February and March and a fourth on April 15. This last was the first that was late, and the first that was not for the full amount requested. I informed MS immediately.

Four days later, on April 19, after corresponding with Highlands about the matter, and after obtaining assurances that all pending cashouts would be paid on April 30, MS informed all props of the problem with late cashouts and requested everyone's feedback. He specifically warned the props that "we are not certain that this is not a delaying tactic." There was a flurry of correspondence, none of which included the accusations you've made here, and a plan of action was agreed to. I kept all this correspondence.

Accordingly, your statements that he "failed to inform the props that there was a problem with cashouts," and that "[h]e still collected time sheets, and made sure that the quite possible bogus-pay to the props were credited to the props accounts without even a warning to the props that they should only continue to prop at their own risk" are demonstrably false.

Your failure to mention the pertinent facts is telling. I think readers will judge it a more egregious act of lying "by omission" than the false accusations you've made against MS.

It obviously has not occurred to you that MS, who is owed quite a bit more than any other prop (and they owe me $4K), has put himself at financial risk for the benefit of unkown others by making this issue public. A mercenary approach would have been to hope that the next promised date would be honored, in the hopes that unwitting players would deposit enough to allow him to get paid at least something. When I discussed this with MS, he expressed his discomfort at the prospect of others being victimized while he kept silent and possibly profited thereby. In light of this, your cheap, anonymous attack on him is both dishonest and remarkably undeserved.

Chris Alger