View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 02:21 PM

Default Re: A situation I\'m unsure about PP $30

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, yeah, there's no question you must bet the turn. There's also no question you're gonna be really disgusted if you have to fold there (again, why I don't play this hand; if the turn is a K and you get checkraised, well...)

But so far, you're up against a pure calling station who's done nothing except call on a draw heavy board. He *might* be a little bit better and have a set or stupidly slowplayed aces (which would also checkraise), but it takes a very special breed of idiot to call off half his stack on a flopped draw during L1 and then checkraise all in on the turn for the other half. There's a 99.9% chance his minbet is a draw or weak TP (the other .1% is a set) and roughly a 95% chance he's the far less special brand of idiot who CR's the nuts.

The difference could very well be the limits we play. The 200's have bad players, but, just like Party 15/30, they're a different, LAGgy breed of bad from 3/6 or $30. At the $50 and $30 level, if you get CR'd on the turn (and it's always a minimum raise for some reason) you can fold this hand without a second thought.

IMO, of course, but given the way this guy has played so far I think my read is good.

I'll see you at the $200's in a thousand or so multitabled 50's and 100's [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the analysis. Again, it comes down to how many chips you start with. Anyone who plays Party sit and go's well, especially the ones where you start out with 800 chips, understands that you have to be VERY careful about getting pot committed early on with a marginal hand.

In a $50 S&G and up, where you start out with 1000 chips, it would be far easier to get away from this hand, given that you have more chips, and are against smarter players, who won't do crazy things [as frequently] with top pair weak kicker, or a flush draw, or even a bluff.

Again, the way this hand was played is DISGUSTING, as we both can agree on, simply due to our super tight S&G styles at Party, but if I had played it that way on the flop and turn, I wouldn't be able to get away from it to a raise in a $30 S&G, even though I might feel I was statistically probable to be an underdog after I called the raise.

Good luck and I hope you're getting rakeback on those $50 and $100 S&G's!