View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 08:02 PM

Default Re: US Dollar? Maroon dude vs. Warren Buffett

The fall of the dollar will be ugly not only for the United States but for the entire global economy. When you think about it, much of the global economy is built around selling crappy consumer goods to overleveraged American hyperconsumers. All the major currencies are flawed in one way or another, which is why guys like Buffett are holding like eight different currencies. That will make making money in this environment somewhat difficult.

It certainly sounds like we are on the same page though. Any good investment ideas or reading material suggestions? Right now I am holding a lot of mining, energy, and commodity stocks in addition to a number of value stocks that I have had for a long time. I have been building a position in FXI and am reading everything I can on China until I know enough to start picking individual Chinese stocks. I highly recommend both of Jim Rogers' books btw, "Investment Biker" and "Adventure Capitalist", and am really looking forward to his new book on commodities investing.