View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 05:26 PM

Default fun with people who call anything

Playing a live 9 handed 6-12 game, where people are calling almost anything on every street. T5o for 3 bets cold preflop, stuff like that.

I pick up K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button. 4 people limp to me, and the only semi-tight player left in the hand is the SB, so I figure it's worth raising here. Questionable, I know. Anyway, the SB hesitates, and calls, and now everyone else does too including the BB.

7 players, 14 SB's.

The flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and is checked to the player on my right, who bets out. I raise here, the SB hesitates again, and calls, muttering something. The original bettor calls.

3 players, 10 BB's in the pot.

Turn is the 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and it's checked to me. I bet. The SB mumbles "I got a gutshot" and calls, as does the guy to my right.

River the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the SB fires out still talking about his gutshot. Guy to my right mucks, and I call. SB shows 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to take it down.

Now I have my own ideas about how I should play my hand in the future, but what do you guys who are used to playing in this type of game think?

Chiz