View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Scumbag Poker Staking

So this person is a sort of a semi-friend with no conscience. Does that sound about right? I learned my lesson many years ago. Never!, lend money to Anyone!, especially if you're playing in the same game. (i.e. craps, poker, BJ) because you are playing against your own money. I've done it twice, and got burned once.

The first time, I got my money back but it took several months.

The second time in one of our floating crap games (vice was chasing us around town) I floated a loan to a so called friend because he was losing his butt. Several hours after the game I was declared the big "Winner." I reminded my friend about the loan and his reply was, "since you came out the big winner, you got your money back from me." After a few choice words and several weeks later no repayment. His punishment..., he was banned from every game in town, even if he had the cash. He tried to start up his own games, but was warned by "Da Boys," that he would get his butt kicked. His gambling days was over, and his wife was was very happy. Eventually he moved out of town. I was never repaid. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]