View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 02:01 PM

Default Re: A harsh but honest message to all 2+2\'ers

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't take somebody telling you that you were flat wrong, then you have NO HOPE of getting better. If you want to drop my name as a prick poster, go ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that doesn't qualify you as a prick-poster at all. There's a difference btwn analyzing hand play turn-to-turn and saying "NO, this is WRONG! here's why..."
vs.
"God, the stupid-train rolled into the station early today..." or "Your post doesn't belong here, Fish. Don't waste space reserved for deserving posts..."

But Lawrence, seriously, I agree w/ a poster above here; people aren't going to change; it's the nature of the beast.
Some are really cool and write so easily on hard ideas that you wish you could just think as well as they can think & write (e.g. GoT, StellarWind, jtr, etc)
Other guys are just rude & arrogant. But sometimes btwn insults, even they have something important for you to latch onto. Sometimes they're just being mean or spiteful or grouchy or whatever...
Beginners just have to take feedback, think about it, and distill it into something actionable. Or, just discard it as noise or worthless...I think once you're able to do that, you're on the fast track to improvement...