View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 01:29 PM

Default Re: A harsh but honest message to all 2+2\'ers

[ QUOTE ]
Lawrence,

If you want to drop my name as a prick poster, go ahead. I can take it, believe me. At least I won't go broke, unlike the person who won't ever learn the correct plays because he's afraid of getting his feelings hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh im not worried about going broke, I wouldnt be playing the game if i wasn't in the green. And its not about my feelings primarily. It is about others. Here's an example. I am also a bodybuilder. I followed Arnold S.'s routine to a tee as published in the "encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding." That was when i was 14. Little did i know at the time that the man was on steroids. As oblivious as that may seem, I was young and believed if i worked hard enough i could get his physique with hard work. Needless to say, doing 25 sets for bi's 25 sets for tris and 30 sets for back ALL in one day as recommended in one portion of the book, was serverely overtraining, and my growth was stagnant for 4 years. Then I was corrected as a freshman at my college gym by a genuinely concerned honest and forthright senior. He approached the issue with delicacy yet was to the point. If he had said "your all fu**ed up man, your doing it all wrong" i wouldnt have listened to a word. But he didn't. He was nice about it. And now my physique is all the better for it. And newbies cardplaying, with their brash bankroll opening lines, can be approached in the same manner and their cardplaying will be all the better too. Its all in the introduction. You need finesse, not crudeness. Please take note of this. The poker playing community will be all the better if everyone abides.