View Single Post
Old 11-10-2001, 04:27 PM

Default NFL picks - Analysis

Not much discussion of the games thus far. Here are the ones I like this week.

Green Bay -2.5

Typical intradivision rivalry, but the Packers own the edge in this matchup. I see this game as being a similar matchup to the SF/Bears game (absent the miracle and with a better QB at the helm in Favre.) This game is huge, and GB knows it. Favre has been shaky, but when he's on, I want the Pack. Chicago's pass defense is one of the worst in the league, and I think that Favre's early utilization of that weakness will soften up an otherwise-tough Chicago rushing defense. Also, GB's pass defense is one of the best in the league, and will prevent whatever gimp QB Chicago has in from leading any type of miracle charge. The Bears are on TV and in the paper every day, saying that this is "the most important game of the year"... I'd believe that they think that if Terrell and others weren't on TV talking about getting JayZ on board to help them write another version of the Superbowl shuffle. GB knows how important this game is and at the end of the day, they're the better team. I look for the Pack to jump out early and hang on for a solid win. Pack gets the cash...

Lions +5.5

This team is not that bad. They are going to win one of these weeks. Won't go into the entire breakdown on this game (b/c the only person that commented on this one agreed with me) but I wouldn't be surprised if the Lambs won this one straightup. That's a fair number of points at home against a pathetic offense in TB's.

Raiders -6

Oakland is the best team in the league and is not going to be embarassed on a national telecast by the Seahawks. They've played WELL on the road this year, and own a clear advantage in this matchup. If this game were in Oakland, the line would be 16. HFA is not worth that much. This team looks to me to really be on a mission this year. No let downs, no fear, just business. Over by the end of the 3rd.

Comment welcome.

-CW