View Single Post
Old 05-14-2002, 04:08 PM

Default I took a chance!

Last night...last night was Mondy night... last night I played in the Monday night (duh) NLH tournament at the O'rleans. I played fairly well. I played two hands during the rebuy period. All in before the flop on both hands. The first hand I had AhKh. Late position raised to T100, the button called and me in the BB moved in T255 and was called by both. initial raiser had J,J and the button had A,Ko. I lost to the other A,K two flush draws are better than one. I rebought. Now at T600. I limp in with AnTh. A loose player (the J,J who had also rebouth) raises all in. I went with my instincts (remeber this is rebuy period) and called. His KdJd beat my ATh. Rebuy!

I played very well from their on. I won only one hand with a set of queens but it was enough to get me through better than half the field. I got to the 150 - 300 blind level with T800 and was lucky enough to double(+) through on the first hand of the level. I had about T1500 after posting my T300 big blind. There was no small blind. The cut off limps. The cut off won the previous hand with the 8s,2s after limping in. The button also limps. I look down and see 7,2o and check. The flop comes Qd,7c,2c. I didn't think I moved. All-in. The cutoff didn't hesitate. He called. the button folded. the turn was an offsuit four. I felt good about it until my opponent showed me Qh,4h. I was done. Could I have played differently here? I don't think so.

Anyway I come home and get beat up playing 3 online tournaments. Mind you I was 5 wins for 10 entries with 2 seconds before last night. I went to sleep unhappy.

I told you all that to tell you this. I played another onlne tourney (single table) a few moments ago. I won. I won on the strength of one hand. It was heads up. I was in the Big blind with 2 sevens. My opponent raised I reraised and he rerarised and I called. The flop came K,J,8o. Ahorrible flop for my hand. I had T2330 out of T8000 left so when he bet I was about to fold but thought for a minute. The one thing I knew about this guy was that he would bet with nothing. So I tought some more. Then in the way of Bob Morgan I decided to put him on a hand I could beat and called. I put him on A,Q. In fact he had A,T and I crippled him and won the next hand and the tourney. I took a chance! Sometimes it works.

vince