View Single Post
Old 05-06-2002, 12:52 PM

Default Re: NLHE Tourney Hands

Ignatius and Andy,

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I thought the player in the cutoff got a little too fancy for his own good when I flopped the trip 3s. I would've definitely raised a little more than just doubling the blinds. I'm going to call with any two cards at that point.

The funny thing is if I played that AK, I probably would've gone bust...The player said he had KK and I believe him by the way the hand went down. As soon as it got back to him, it was all-in. He knew I was pot committed, so I doubt he would make that move with QQ (only a 1 in 5 chance I thought). BTW, I don't think the player is better than me, but I don't like going all in drawing thin. I should have reraised maybe less? I'm not sure; I don't think flat calling is an option. Bad read on my part when he first raised, I thought it was another steal attempt.

On hand 4, there were certainly players behind me who could easily cover me, so I didn't feel like I should mess around. I was hoping the SB would call for T500 and check it down with the BB, but the SB mucked and so it was just the BB against the all in.

On hand 5, the opinion seems to be mixed. I felt if I didn't move in, by the time I posted the BB (assuming I fold the next hand UTG) I would only be left with about T3000 and surely facing a raise from one of the big stacks. I felt I needed to win the dead money and was hoping the BB would lay down his hand, but he woke up with AQs. What can I do?

BTW, as the J fell on the turn, I knew it was too good to be true, I was waiting for the K to fill his gutter, but the A came instead.

And this tourney was played in the Bay Area (California)...

Dan