View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 05:21 PM

Default Re: A hand from last night

Guy,

Since, I don't know if you gain anything from moving up to the next payout, or if you really need to win a hand, so I have two answers.

If you are interesting in moving up the payscale and there is a good chance that you might be able to with the amount of chips you have left, try and check it down to the river. I only suggest this because you have to evaluate how likely the other players will go broke before you do. Futhermore, it appears that this player might be willing to check it down with you from previous actions.

But, if you are the shortest stack after making that preflop raise and you think everyone is trying to outlast you, move the rest of your chips in. Normally, when the flop comes with three cards your opponent has approximately a 33% chance of hitting one of his cards, in this case the flop most likely didn't help him at all with a pair of deuces and no draws, so you have to base your play on what you thought he called you will. From your description this player will probably have overcards or a pair up to jacks. I believe you are the favorite at this point because it is more likely he has overcards to your pair.

Good Luck

Mark