View Single Post
Old 04-10-2002, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Holy Cow! Bad table or great one!

You're both right about the freeroll aspect. I should have said that it simply meant less pain getting knocked out so early. I always play to win, and did so in this instance. I felt that I needed a decent stack to be able to selectively go after these maniacs with great cards later on. This hand, though not a great one was giving me a chance at a huge chipleader stack that I could then work with. It certainly was a gamble, I rarely, if ever, put all my money in on draws, but I was firmly convinced that my 18 out were all good. And the pot odds were mmore than enough to make the call based on that. Seat number one was playing almost every hand, yes he could have walked into one, but with no preflop raise I knew, with certainty that it wasn't much.

I believe in taking more risks early on in most events. Big chip stacks are important to get you through the tough middle rounds were the tight players are running low and making last chance stabs. I've seen too many tight agggressive players get few hands and go out b4 the money. It seems to me that a large percentage of final table candidates make early aggressive moves, as I have when I post wins, and get big stacks early that allo them to then control the tables.

Thanks for the comments and candid opinions, I figure this one was going to be controversial.

Keep playing hard!