Thread: First time
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 08:41 AM

Default Re: (slightly RANTing) but advice nonetheless

Amazing rant Al.... but you are 100% correct, therefore it is hardly a rant. Let me add a few annoyances to your list:

1) When you protect your hand (as advised in Al's post) make sure your fellow players can see that you have a hand. Its very agrivating to find out you have 4 opponents, not three because the newbie is hiding his hand

2) Keep your chip stack behind your cards. This is not only because of #1 above, but also to avoid cheeting. You cannot hide your cards, so don't try it!

3) Some people have a hard time keeping their chip stacks in front of them, while looking at their hole cards. So do the smart thing, move the chips off to the left so your cards can come flush to the table rail.

4) Players who have been in the game for a while laugh at people who sit down with sunglasses and a baseball hat, you might as well write FISH across your face. You cannot hide bad play behind the glasses, so be a man and take them off. (I should mention that I sometimes wear sunglasses at the table, partially because it helps my eyes when I get tired. But at least I don't look obvious!)

5) If you have a question - ask. Don't be afraid to admit you are new to B&M. It might actually be to your advantage!

6) If you don't want anyone to see your cards at showdown if you loose, put them in the muck immediatly. They have the right (although its annoying and rude) to ask to see your cards.

7) If you are going all in, WAIT until the dealer asks to see your cards. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen some fool show his hand when he went all in while there are still players left to act!

I'm done...

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]