View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 01:15 AM

Default Re: The reflections of ThaSaltCracka

Good reflections.

One thought about the choke, and the old slow players. To put it on poker terms, I look at this as a AK vs. JJ type of hand. The JJ is slightly favored, and picked to win. In this series though, the flop came AK2, and the Sox hit the J on the river to win. If the board was reversed, it wouldn't have been a shock, just a team that was favored in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, the comeback is amazing, but I just feel like the best hand held up in the end, for some of the reasons you mentioned. I told my wife after game 4, about how no team had come back from 0-3 (she was veeerrrryyyy interested [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). But I thought the Sox were the better team from the beginning, and told her it wouldn't surprise me if they're the first baseball team to do it.

Anyway, what a great post-season. I hope the WS holds as much drama, and it doesn't turn out like last year's where the two LCS's were amazing, yet I can't really remember much from the specific games in the WS.