View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 11:10 AM

Default Re: The Best Investment?

I have a significant chunk of my portfolio in energy. I have done a lot of research on oil recently for a potential investment in some Kansas oil wells which my firm did not make due to timing issues. The point is that we are closing in on the peak of world oil production very quickly. Depending on who you believe, world oil production will peak somewhere between 2008 and 2012 and will be in decline from there on out. From there on out we'll see declining supply forever. Alternative energy is probably overhyped right now but I think it will be a good longterm play given the realities of a diminishing supply of oil in the long run.

My firm recently did a reverse merger deal for Electro Energy Inc. (EEEI on the OTCBB) and I bought a nice chunk of shares at $3.20 in June and sold last week at $6.90. It's sitting around $7.50 now which I think is way high but it is a really good company that makes a next gen rechargable battery that would be perfect for hybrid cars.

Betting on inflation isn't neccessarily a bad play, but I personally don't see it happening too badly. I would not call it "the best investment" for sure. Good luck.