View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Re: some preflop all-in empirical data

[ QUOTE ]
Eastbay --

First, this is a great post and interesting way to look at improving one's game, kudos to you.

I have several questions that would love answers to, but of course they may be too time consuming to have tracked:

[/ QUOTE ]

Good questions. I was being pretty sloppy here with my description of what I was reporting. Let me clear things up a little.

[ QUOTE ]

Are those 279 times you went allin preflop the totaly number of times you were allin preflop or the number of times you went allin in an unraised pot or limped pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it is the total number of times I was all-in preflop, period.

"Was called" really meant there was a showdown, no matter how it occurred. So if I called with all my chips, I misleadingly reported that as "was called."

[ QUOTE ]

I would also be curious as to how many of those times you were on the bubble (4 to maybe 6 handed), early in the tournament, 3-handed and heads up.

Does the 279 number include allins from other players who had you covered and that you called?

What is your average position when going allin and how does it break down?

On average, what has been the size of your stack?

Also, did you track this yourself or is there some software that does it (or that you created)?

PS I'm originally from the eastbay so I'd have to say that I'm a big fan of yours, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

All things I thought about calculating, but didn't make the effort yet.

I wrote a small script (program) that looks through hand histories to pull out this information. Adding those additional stats is do-able but I'd have to be convinced it was worth the time and effort.

I'll let you know if I refine the script.

eastbay