View Single Post
Old 10-31-2001, 01:54 AM

Default NL AQo hand, call or fold?

Playing in the $330 NL Peppermill tourney on Saturday.

We are down to 4 9 handed tables. Blinds are 75-150. I have T1275. Tourney pays 1 table so money is not an issue.

I am 2 off the button. All folded to me. I look down and see AQo. I raise to 450.

BB who has just moved to the table raises all-in. BB has 125 more then I do. On Friday he sat to my right in the Limit tourney. His play seemed a bit erratic like calling a raise with 33 although at the time the blinds were low so he may have been gambling more then usual. He did win a few pots against me which may have played into the current situation.

After thinking for a minute or so I mucked. I understand there is no correct answer since each situation is unique but in reviewing the hand I am having a tough time deciding if it was correct.

I probably have the correct odds to call. There is 1800 in the pot. I need to add 825. AA I am in trouble. KK, QQ, AK I have 3 outs. All other hands I am 50/50 or in the lead. If I fold I have 825 which gives me 1 1/2 rotations until I need to find a hand.

If I have AKo instead of AQo I call. In that case only AA and KK are trouble hands.

Any thoughts or insights are appreaciated.

Ken Poklitar