Thread: MNF bet
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2001, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Posting of picks...& MNF

I have no idea what to make of them. They definitely are an improved team, but this team last year didn't have so much trouble scoring TDs and settling for so many FGs. Losing Garner might be some of it, but Barlow seems well suited for being a short yardage back. So do you say the offense is struggling because they can't put up 7's instead of 3's? Defense is moving up though, but how much? They have held their opponents to reasonable scores, but they haven't really shut them down either. When they need to make big plays, are they capable of that yet? They couldn't stop the Rams down the stretch, but many teams have that problem. Time will tell, an intriguing team and I don't think the answers are really known yet. One thing I will say is I can see how Garcia toiled in the CFL so long. His mechanics look horrible. It looks like he is trying to thrown the ball like a bullet every time because of his motion. I don't know if its coachable, but if he took it a bit easier and laid the ball in more I would think he could do a lot better. The Niners have dropped a lot of balls, but maybe some of that is he is like a young John Elway throwing everything with one speed even on short routes.