View Single Post
Old 10-26-2001, 12:11 PM

Default A2 suited vs. KJ suited: Deuces win!

Here's a heads up hand that i encountered recently.

The blinds are 30-60 and i have about 900 in chips, my headsup opponent has the other 1200.

I get A2 suited on the button, and double the bet to 120. He calls. The flop comes 6-2-5. He checks, i bet 120. He reraises 120. What to do here? i was pretty sure that he had good overcards but was still dog to my A2, so i repopped 240, and he called.

The turn and river were blanks, but my opponent went all in on the river. I only had bottom pair, with top kicker. What is the move here? It was troubling me because I sensed that he wanted to blow me off whatever i had with his flop raise, then tried blowing me off whatever i had on the river. I tought for a bit and called with my bottom pair and won against his KJ spades. Bad play on his part, but i guess he could have had any other pair to beat me, but i was pretty sure that wasn't the case.

Immediately after the hand, he asked me how i could call his all in with bottom pair. I told him i put him on picture cards all the way, and besides, my A was probably good. He said i should have folded either on the flop, or at least on the river. what is the correct play here?

Misctwo