Thread: Curious Hand
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Curious Hand

[ QUOTE ]
(1) What would a push re-raise signify -- i.e., what hands would you do it with? Wouldn't it scream AA or KK? To be honest, I think I was rather hoping for a call, no ace on the flop, and presumably a flop push by me. The larger question, I guess, is do you play your KK for the 300 in the pot, or try for a higher chance of more?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll carefully dodge the question as to what I would push re-raise with. I will say, that a reraise all in happens with many hands including 66-AA, AK, and even AQ at the $55 tables. A reraise in the manner you made happens with AA and KK generally. Don't get me wrong, you will see situations that contradict this, but this is a generality. As far as the T300 pot- I'd be more than happy to take this down uncontested with KK.

[ QUOTE ]
(2) I don't think a lower pair -- say, TT -- should call my re-raise in hopes of flopping a set. Even with the chance of getting the rest of my stack -- which I agree they would get -- they still are betting 350 for a total pot of 1300 or so (my 1000 and the 300 already in), with the expectation of having to hit a set on the flop to win it. Those don't seem like good set odds to me, which I thought had to be at *minimum* 10:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are roughly 7:1 to hit a set on the flop with a PP. There is already T800 in the pot when CO has to act. If he calls the T350, the pot is T1150 when the button acts. Button is getting 3:1 on this call without implied odds, and he is getting 5:1 with implied odds given knowledge of your hand. Not the right odds, but close enough that a LAG player could say "that's a big pot and if I hit my set I'll bust his AA". This isn't the biggest risk, but just something to consider.