View Single Post
Old 06-03-2002, 04:40 PM

Default Re: How good is this advice??

Hey KSU78, your exactly right about warning me not to become somone's dinner playing in heads-up matches. I think that would be very dumb, but appreciate the cautionary warning. What i meant was heads-up confrontations in full low limit ring games. If i'm in a full game and reraise with AK, AJs, Tens, etc., i can often get it heads-up and it's these situations that i think i could use alot of improvement. I was leary of buying HPFAP (Holde'm poker for advanced players, right?) because i'm not anywhere close to being an "advanced player." Krieger and Lee Jones wrote books on winning low limit holdem but don't offer anything on shorthanded games and HU confrontations. I think i'll go ahead and get HPFAP if it's got a section on it. I've only got 250 live hours of play time so i'm not being hard on myself nor do i want to get ahead of myself (i know there's no substitute for experience and what you said about play-read, play-read, play-read . . . . . is good advice).

Thanks for responding. Your advice is appreciated.

PS. As to my bottom line reference, i meant my hourly win rate (that's how you good players keep score right!).