View Single Post
Old 12-06-2001, 09:24 AM

Default Big River/ms 7cs

I wonder if anyone is interested in contributing informed comment on some of the issues I've raised here before concerning BigRiver/missisippi seven-card stud, which is seven-card stud with the fourth and fifth cards dealt together, and the last card face up. I'm pretty sure an objective observer would agree that

1. If big-river/mississippi had been invented first then it would always have been the preferred form of seven-card stud, and down-the-rmiver would never have been played, except maybe as a dealer's choice game.

2. If Bigriver had been the established form of seven-card stud in 1970 it would have been the only possible choice to decide the world championship, since it's a brilliant no-limit game and a more accurate test of poker skill than holdem. And holdem was only about 1/100 as popular as 7cs in 1970.

3. that those facts, plus the observation that Down-the river players like Big river a lot when they actually get to play it, and don't miss fourth street and the last-card down once it's gone, lead to the conclusion that Big River will inevitably replace down-the river as the preferred form of seven-card stud. Pit-bosses will also like the several extra hands per hour which are dealt, BTW.

Any takers, or is everyone still ignoring this?