Thread: Matt Drudge
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Matt Drudge

I don't see a drop-off at all with Drudge. If anything, the site is updated more frequently now than ever in the past. Andrew Breitbart actually does more of the regular daily updating of the site nowadays...working from the other coast (Drudge in Miami, Breitbart in Los Angeles). They've always taken Saturday and early Sunday lightly - unless a major disaster occurs.

I've been reading Drudge from mid-1997 till today and I don't see any drop in quality recently. He's become more entrenched within media circles, to the point where he's the #1 outlet to "leak" info to. While people often criticize him for not doing enough actual reporting, they don't realize that his small blurbs of BREAKING info is reporting. He may tell you the whole story - first - with only 4 sentences, but they're usually the most important 4 sentences.

Also, even though he's an admitted conservative (not partisan Republican), Drudge does an excellent job of needling both sides, especially on issues he cares about. See: his skepticism of Bush/Ashcroft on the issue of privacy vs. terrorism. Breitbart and Drudge are very critical of the right on frequent occasions.