View Single Post
Old 05-11-2002, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Hello,Players! Structure Vs. Spread in...

Hey Larry,

Like most situations in Stud.. It depends..

If you think your opponent has the big pair he is representing and your sidecard isn't larger than his pair you probably should fold. ( You know this Larry [img]/images/smile.gif[/img] ) Of course if everybodys in the pot and all your cards are live you might want to take off a card. ( especially without fear of a re-raise )

I think too many people misunderstand the 'I have a two-flush with my pair' benefits. Sure it is better than non suited but NOT if it is going to cause you to make expensive mistakes. ( excuse for cold calling raises ) For example say an opponent with a Jack raises, and I know it probably means Jacks for this opponent.. I am certainly not going to call with a pair of fours just because one of my sidecards is suited!! If my sidecard is an Ace(especially suited) sure I will call now ( or re-raise if warranted )

I think having a two flush with a straight draw is more incentive to play than a small/medium pair with a two flush. JMOP

Later,

CJ

P.S. - If the 3-6 game has a 50 cent ante then you should be playing a little looser, I do admit that. If the 3-6 game has no ante then there really is no reason to chase.