View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 11:45 AM

Default Why do people get mad at their money?

I must admit I don't quite understand "tilt." While I will be the first to admit it pisses me off when someone chases me to the river with botom pair or a gut shot and catches, I have never turned around and used something like that as an excuse to add to my woes by spilling off a bunch more chips. So, yes, I get mad - really mad sometimes - but not at my money. I don't find a reason to play mediocre hands in some desperate attempt to get even.

If anything, I may play a little too tight after a few bad beats. I know all the mathmeticians out there say that each hand has no correlation to the hands that follow, but some days ....... well, I guess I would call it a "reverse rush." Instead of everything going exactly right, everything goes exactly wrong. When it is the latter, I play tighter, and sometimes maybe I fold hands in late position that are playable.

I bring this all up because this morning I was playing in a game and one player in particular, was playing very, very well - until he had his pocket aces cracked by a very loose player who chased him to the river with a Q8 in his hand, caught an 8 on the flop and another on the river. After this happened, all the correct play by the loser of this hand was thrown out the window, and before long he was stuck for a lot more money playing almost every hand that came his way.

I don't get it.

Bug