View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Tuning my VP$IP - andvise needed...

In my opinion both those hands are folds. Remember with speculative hands, you need to have company and be in an unraised pot (for the most part).

I know it is fashinable to play small suited aces up front. However in order for this to be profitable you need, to have a good table read. You need to be almost certain that 1. You will get at least (2) callers behind you (excluding the blinds) 2. That it is unlikely that you will be raised.

In my experience at PP 1/2, it was suprising to see, that thus far many of those tables do not have favorable conditions to playing hands like these up front. I find myself releasing many more small Axs and small pocket pairs from EP and EMP than I did at .5/1.

So I would say you have identified a leak in your game that you can now fix.

If you happen to be going by a starting chart throw it away. If you read the PF section of SSH, it does an excellent job discussing the various types of hands and gives excellent suggestions for when and how they should be played. However, I would not really committ to either of the starting charts in that book either.