View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips--thank you

I won't lie to you (and it's no secret anyway) I have mixed feelings about posting here. I happened to have some bored writing time the last few days and threw some of it this way. I stopped posting to rgp because I had begun drawing the attention of that unfortunate brand of lowlife which is not satisfied with drooling a few insults. Living with a high profile is not always fair -- it only takes one or two determined worms to cause anyone difficulties.

I left rgp because that swung the good/bad ratio past the fulcrum point, and I'll admit that it was going downhill fast then and it's as lame now as it's ever been in its entire existence. Still, I much prefer rgp-as-it-once-was to twoplustwo-as-it-is for a lot of reasons, some philosophical (e.g. I don't like moderation without accountability), some practical (e.g. the twoplustwo interface is horrible compared to a good usenet client).

My blog will remain my primary outlet, but I'll probably keep posting here sometimes as long as I don't run afoul of the eye in the sky. If they ever yank one of my posts, it's the door for me.