Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Pokerstars reload bonus......reality of clearing it in S&G's??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=66288)

rusty JEDI 02-09-2004 12:20 AM

Pokerstars reload bonus......reality of clearing it in S&G\'s???

Hello All.

For those who havent found out yet, pokerstars has a 20% up to $120 max bonus until Feb. 15th.

I am a reformed bonuswhore who has taken up sit and go's at party full time. I figure i will hit this bonus at stars but am hoping to do it in the sit and go's instead of ring play. Does anyone who plays stars lots have any guess on the number of sit and go'd i will need to clear 600 fpp's. Is it worth trying, or should i suck it up and play ring to clear it?

Thanks

rJ (Those bastards stole my sig. and the saber fight)

ClemsonAce 02-09-2004 12:27 AM

Re: Pokerstars reload bonus......reality of clearing it in S&G\'s???

From the pokerstars website.
"Five (5) points are awarded for each $1 in a tournament fee (rounded up) - for example, in a tournament with $20 buy-in and $2 tournament fee, each player will be awarded 10 FPPs. Another example is a $5 buy-in Sit & Go tournnament with $0.50 fee - 3 FPP will be awarded to each player in this tournament"

hope that helps

alekhine8 02-09-2004 12:44 AM

I just deposited $350 for a $70 bonus. At 5 FPPs per $10 sit-and-go (and 350 FPPs needed to clear) Im looking at playing 70 of them - 35 hours at two per hour.

Its going to be a while - but Im at Pokerstars to solely play sit-and-gos so I dont really care.

skaboomizzy 02-09-2004 01:51 AM

Wow, another Tampa player doing just SNG's at Stars. Nice. I'm just doing the $5 SNGs right now, but depending on if I get my OT on my next paycheck, I may move up to $10. Maybe I'll see ya there.

Bozeman 02-09-2004 03:40 AM

I cleared a bonus like that fairly easily when I was only playing multitables. SnG's should be fairly easy, though $10's may take a while.

On the other hand, I still have a partially uncleared bonus on Paradise, because they don't reward tourney play much.

Craig

Al_Capone_Junior 02-09-2004 11:00 AM

If you normally just play SNGs at stars, then play your SNGs and don't worry about how fast it clears. You'd be playing SNGs anyway, consider it money in the bank. I never found it hard to clear bonuses at stars.

[ QUOTE ]
I am a reformed bonuswhore

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see somebody is wising up.

al

Al_Capone_Junior 02-09-2004 11:03 AM

Re: UB is the worst

I have $149 in uncleared bonus money. $49 of it is from their promotion "100% bonus" baloney, and the other $100 is from a new player referral. Their bonuses take FOREVER to clear. Three hours of 3-6 stud-8 cleared less than $8. I can't hardly stand to play there so I may never clear the stupid bonuses.

al

DrPhysic 02-09-2004 11:10 AM

I think it's ok on stars. I am going to E-m them and ask anyway, ie: what do i have to play in sng's and tourns to clear bonus. I don't play ring tables. (at least for now).

I do have a 20 bonus on true that i will never collect for just that reason. I did e-m them, and the only thing they credit toward clearing bonuses is ring table play.

Doc

La Brujita 02-09-2004 11:12 AM

Hi Doc,

Feel free to email them but I have cleared numerous bonuses on Stars with just sit and gos.

DrPhysic 02-09-2004 11:28 AM

I figured as much. I did just send the e-m with following q's.

1) verify that the 20% applies to re-deposites, not just first time deposites? (almost sure this is correct)
2) asked if an extension of 15th date is possible, because of the 4 - 5 business days it takes to clear an EFT to neteller. (that is without paying the 9.4% instant transfer rip)
3) asked what the requirements are to clear with sng's or tournaments but not ring games.

Will post reply.

Doc