Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ulysses: Any Validation? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=64697)

Smaegol 01-29-2004 07:23 PM

Ulysses: Any Validation?

I just heard about this Mapping fiasco. I am not going to jump on either bandwagon (Whether he is correct or not) and here is why. weve all said for years that if someone could prove that online poker is rigged, show us the proof and we'll at least look into it. This guy apparently can prove that he is onto something so I am willing to listen. What can it hurt? If he is right, he could save us all thousands upon thousands of dollars, if he is lying, then he is. But it wont hurt our bankroll if he is. I of course am extremely skeptical, but hey, for free, I am willing to send him 100 hands with the history #'s deleted and see how accurate he is. If he is really as accurate as he says, I will remove myself from online poker. If not, well, what do I really lose? This could be an important discovery. Most likely, actually, almost certainly, this is just a hoax. But in the rare case that it isn't, Im willing to find out for free.

How about this: I will delete 100 hand history #'s and send them to 5 third party's to hold a copy. Then I will send Ulysees the same 100 hands with the Hand histories deleted. Ulysees, you predict the outcomes of the Turn and River cards and carbon-copy your results to all 5 of us. (I use the 5 man 3rd party system to ensure I am not in it with ulysees, any of you can be in this). After we all see your results, we'll be able to determine if this thing is real or not.

Sound Fair to everyone?

Stew 01-29-2004 07:27 PM

Re: Ulysses: Any Validation?

[ QUOTE ]
I just heard about this Mapping fiasco. I am not going to jump on either bandwagon (Whether he is correct or not) and here is why. weve all said for years that if someone could prove that online poker is rigged, show us the proof and we'll at least look into it. This guy apparently can prove that he is onto something so I am willing to listen. What can it hurt? If he is right, he could save us all thousands upon thousands of dollars, if he is lying, then he is. But it wont hurt our bankroll if he is. I of course am extremely skeptical, but hey, for free, I am willing to send him 100 hands with the history #'s deleted and see how accurate he is. If he is really as accurate as he says, I will remove myself from online poker. If not, well, what do I really lose? This could be an important discovery. Most likely, actually, almost certainly, this is just a hoax. But in the rare case that it isn't, Im willing to find out for free.

How about this: I will delete 100 hand history #'s and send them to 5 third party's to hold a copy. Then I will send Ulysees the same 100 hands with the Hand histories deleted. Ulysees, you predict the outcomes of the Turn and River cards and carbon-copy your results to all 5 of us. (I use the 5 man 3rd party system to ensure I am not in it with ulysees, any of you can be in this). After we all see your results, we'll be able to determine if this thing is real or not.

Sound Fair to everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I think you just validated quite a lot, what that is, I'll leave it to you and Gabbbbyyy to figure out.

Ulysses 01-29-2004 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(I use the 5 man 3rd party system to ensure I am not in it with ulysees, any of you can be in this).

[/ QUOTE ]

And sending the hand histories to 5 3rd parties prevents you from sending me the answers because....?

Smaegol 01-29-2004 07:51 PM

Because these will be 5 reputable 2+2ers who can ensure everyone the results are accurate and not tainted, thats why. Are you up for it Ulysses? Im giving you the chance, on a fair plain, to prove your theory. Im not doubting you, or believing you at this point. I am a totally un-opinionated 3rd party that wants to find out if your theory has validity. Im giving you that chance here in front of everybody. Show me and the others you are telling the truth, and you will save us all big $$$ and be a hero. You have center stage right now. Are you willing to do this?

Ulysses 01-29-2004 07:55 PM

OK. I am up for it. I nominate cubswin, Lori, Vehn, Homer, and JTG51 as five well-respected 2+2ers that you can send the hand histories to and they will confirm that the results you show after the fact (after I respond w/ my predictions) are indeed the results that were contained in the original hand histories.

Smaegol 01-29-2004 08:01 PM

Sounds Good Ulysses,
I will PM these 5 people tonight. I will get 100 random Hand histories tommorow morning when I get home from work (I am a 3rd shifter) and delete the Hand History #'s. I will then send copied of the 5 people that contain all of the cards. I will send the 100 hands to you with no History #s and no turn or river cards. You do your thing, make your predictions of the Turn n Rivers, and send your results to all 6 of us. We will take a look at the real cards that hit on the turn and river compared to your predictions. The results (the % of your correct guesses) will be posted on this forum for all to see. Im anxious to see the results. Here is your chance to prove yourself correct. Tune in everyone, This will begin on Friday.

Ulysses 01-29-2004 08:11 PM

Cool.

Based on the foolproof system you've put together for validation here, I'm curious - what do you do for a living?

I would guess detective, scientist, mathematician, or attorney. Something that involves lots of rigorous proofs or lots of investigation, analysis, and logic.

pudley4 01-29-2004 08:21 PM

Were you the one who originally investigated and certified the Piltdown man???

M.B.E. 01-29-2004 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about this: I will delete 100 hand history #'s and send them to 5 third party's to hold a copy. Then I will send Ulysees the same 100 hands with the Hand histories deleted. Ulysees, you predict the outcomes of the Turn and River cards and carbon-copy your results to all 5 of us. (I use the 5 man 3rd party system to ensure I am not in it with ulysees, any of you can be in this).

[/ QUOTE ]
But this system does not ensure that. The five other people cannot certify that you didn't secretly tell Ulysses the hand results beforehand.

jedi 01-29-2004 09:05 PM

I trust him. He wouldn't want to skew the results of the experiment. If the 5 other people can verify Ulysses' results I think we have a winner. The 5 people mentioned are very upstanding citizens here. THey'll know if something is fake or real [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

But this system does not ensure that. The five other people cannot certify that you didn't secretly tell Ulysses the hand results beforehand.

[/ QUOTE ]