Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Getting reraised with AK, biggest leak in my game (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=48822)

Redhotman 10-13-2003 01:43 PM

Getting reraised with AK, biggest leak in my game

How do u play a reraised AK when the board does not help you. Do you bet the turn?

Kurn, son of Mogh 10-13-2003 01:56 PM

Re: Getting reraised with AK, biggest leak in my game

Be more specific. Reraised when? Preflop or on the flop?

Bob T. 10-13-2003 02:41 PM

What position did you raise in? What position did your opponent three bet in? What are his three betting standards? Do you have any backdoor draws? How have you played in this situation previously in this session? How has your opponent been playing? How do you want him and your other opponents to play against you in future hands?

Probably some more questions also, but if you have the answers to these, then you can start to make a plan for this hand.

Every hand, every situation is a little different, and finding the clues to the little differences and adding them together usually gets you a useful response.

me454555 10-13-2003 02:52 PM

I generally fold AK if I'm bet into and the flop doesn't help. If its just 2 over cards vs a pair, your not in a real good position. Again this all depends on the texture of the flop, play of the game, and size of the pot.

pudley4 10-13-2003 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends...

Mike Gallo 10-13-2003 02:57 PM

RedHot,

Post some hands. You will recieve better answers.

SittingBull 10-13-2003 03:37 PM

Hello,Red! I\'m assuming ur playing...

either micro-limit or low-limit since u posted on 'low-limitstakes'.
If ur raised pre-flopped and u receive no help on flop,FOLD.
If ur raised post-flop and u received no help on flop,FOLD.
Usually at these limits,the players are Str8 forward.
They bet when they have the "goods';they check when they believe that they are beat.
Happypokering, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
SittingBull

Redhotman 10-13-2003 03:59 PM

The Specific scenerio that I have troube with is when I raise pre-flop with AK, and then reraised by someone behind me or in the blinds. At $3/$6, there is very little limp/reraising.

The main problems comes because I am often reraised by AK, when I raise with hands like JJ, QQ, ect. And when I dont hit with my AK I become paranoid that my oponent has AK and is stealing the pot from me.

I normally check-call the flop. And fold to a turn bet, unless I gain more outs. Is this the correct play?

AK, is a particulary tough hand to play from early/middle position. When the flop doesnt turn an Ace/King you are often bluffing and out of position.

What are your opinions on limping versus raising AK from early/EM poisition?

Bob T. 10-13-2003 04:20 PM

Occasionally, you should call down with Ace high, Sometimes, you should checkraise the flop or turn.

Redhotman 10-13-2003 04:46 PM

Any publication which covers these moves specifically?