Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dumbest crap ever uttered at poker table (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=39886)

DanS 07-19-2003 12:04 PM

Dumbest crap ever uttered at poker table

Playing the world's softest 4/8 Omaha 1/2 kill game in the history of humankind tonight.

The button rivers a hand to complement his K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] . UTG+1 starts muttering while foaming at the mouth "How da phuck can he play dat crap?"...and then rolls over his 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] . I almost pissed myself.

Dan

DanS 07-20-2003 06:56 PM

Re: Dumbest crap ever uttered at poker table

Anybody else heard any deep thoughts such as this one at the table?

Dan

oddjob 07-21-2003 07:00 PM

i was standing behind a guy who called a capped pot on every round with 2 small offsuit 1 gappers, flopped a gutshot and missed on the river, threw his cards in the much and yelled i never hit!

thomastem 07-22-2003 03:40 PM

I ask people if they want to pet my goat.

Ulysses 07-22-2003 06:47 PM

This is second-hand, so it might not be accurate, but if true, it's pretty hilarious.

As the story goes, a buddy of mine heard DanS say "I'm going to go play the 20-40."

That's gotta be right up there...

haakee 07-22-2003 08:02 PM

The version I heard was that an extremely tilted DanS who was playing in what was described as THE BEST GARDEN CITY 8-16 GAME EVER said, "I'm going to play the 20-40" (which was far from the best 20-40 game ever)

onegymrat 07-23-2003 01:35 AM

Re: Please go home, sir.

Playing a 6-12 at Bicycle on a Sunday afternoon. Ragged old man to my right turns to me and asks, "What time is it?" I check my watch and reply, "About a quarter to four." He ponders for a moment and then continues with, "What day is it?" After I answer him, I couldn't stop laughing for two minutes.

DanS 07-23-2003 04:02 AM

Extremely tilted? Naw, I only tilt when I'm winning. Not when I'm stuck four racks in an 8-16 that a trained monkey could beat for $25/hr.

P.S.

Don't make me tell the "how AK lost to 37 on a K66 rainbow flop bad beat story" again, cuz I will. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

bad beetz 07-24-2003 03:09 AM

Yes.

I was in the Bellagio poker room. Avarice(Taylor) from RGP asked me if the 30/60 used time charges as we were walking by it. I replied, "well, they DO use blinds," with an intonation that made it sound like HE was the idiot. Then I promptly walked into the girls bathroom.

Avarice 07-24-2003 07:58 PM

Re: Yes.

You'd think this was one of beetz' regular crazy-ass comments at the end of the post. But he really did follow up that one-liner by trying to walk in the girls bathroom. I should have let him.