Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Little hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393718)

ArturiusX 12-07-2005 08:54 PM

Little hand

4 handed, I raise UTG with A7s. All folded to the BB, who's a looser TAG, who calls. He seems generally solid though, can lay it down.

Flop is K74. He checks, I bet, he c/r's. What's my plan?

POKhER 12-07-2005 08:58 PM

Re: Little hand

Will a king raise this flop? Maybe.

A 7 will, a bluff will.

peel the flop, Give us the turn please.

LoaferGee12 12-07-2005 09:01 PM

I call it down. Raising the turn has merit but I think we may give him a chance to get rid of the hands that we beat.
Edit: Actually I really am not seeing any reason to raise this turn on such a ragged board.

callydrias 12-07-2005 09:03 PM

My first instinct (which is probably wrong):

3-bet flop, fold turn UI to a flop cap. He calls the 3-bet, bet/fold the turn and check behind on the river UI.

imported_ncray 12-07-2005 09:04 PM

I generally like to 3-bet the flop for value against his large checkraising range and bet the turn and river. He could c/r with any K, 7, 4, PP, 56, or hands that have you crushed (although I think he would wait to extract value out of those unless he knows that you know that he would play monsters in such a fashion). Basically, your a7 is favorable vs his range.

If capped, I would probably call down. Too many people go crazy with strong draws like 56, and TAG vs TAG shorthanded battles can get stupidly aggressive.

HajiShirazu 12-07-2005 09:06 PM

I like a call and turn raise. Even if he's bluffing you don't mind him folding the turn since he often will have 6 outs against you. Meanwhile you maximize value against his worse hands and total bluffs that would give up simply to a 3 bet on the flop.

ArturiusX 12-07-2005 09:07 PM

Not considering a 3-bet here?

LoaferGee12 12-07-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think this lets him off the hook too easily when he has a hand that we beat. It also sucks when we are check-raised on the turn.

ArturiusX 12-07-2005 09:09 PM

I don't like this line, because its unlikely he's bluffing without any outs against us, and if he has a hand we're getting called down anyway, and he can probably fold small pockets.

POKhER 12-07-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I considered it, but then i wondered what villan could have.

PREFLOP A strong kind would raise clearly, maybe a weak king would 3bet(But debateable due to crap position for him).

Now he probably puts you on a fairly premium hand, but is he folding if he fears AA/KK/AK/KQ/KJ/KT from you?

Maybe, However does a turn raise have more chance of a fold?

As i think we're potentially ahead of a bad bluff by BB, We have outs to improve, We have position i think i'd like to peel.

I won't argue with a 3bet on the flop, It says "I GOT A KING what you going to do now?". But if hes a tag i reckon he'll often fold it there a then(Weak king) and call down with a medium king.

Also, If hes got a 7 he's behind us and he will most likly bet turn and either Bet or check call the river.

So a 3bet seems to make us pay more when hes got a king and isnt laying down(You dont say hes weak tight). But he folds a bluff or a 7.

So i like going to the turn and seeing what card we get.