Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KK river play vs. TAG (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392528)

pokerjunky 12-06-2005 08:54 AM

KK river play vs. TAG

Tag villain.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
1 fold[/i]</font>, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold[/i]</font>, Hero raises</font>,2 folds[/i]</font>,CO 3-bets</font>, 3 folds[/i]</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero caps</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks,Hero bets</font>, CO raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (11.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 players)</font>
Hero checks,CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB

private joker 12-06-2005 09:12 AM

Re: KK river play vs. TAG

No.

Bet and fold to a raise. The TAG won't bet a worse hand in position; he'll check behind. He also won't raise without a better hand. It's very rare for a TAG to raise a 4-flush river in position without a flush. Also, there is a small chance he'll fold a better hand to your bet -- not likely, but check-calling is the least optimal play. In fact, check-folding is better than check-calling too.

belloc 12-06-2005 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No.

Bet and fold to a raise. The TAG won't bet a worse hand in position; he'll check behind. He also won't raise without a better hand. It's very rare for a TAG to raise a 4-flush river in position without a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he knows this. I've raised here on the end with no flush in situations where I'm pretty sure I'm up against someone who knows the Clarkmeister. If I think they're bet-folding, I'm raising with anything.

But you're right: check-folding is better than check-calling.

belloc 12-06-2005 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No.

Bet and fold to a raise. The TAG won't bet a worse hand in position; he'll check behind. He also won't raise without a better hand. It's very rare for a TAG to raise a 4-flush river in position without a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he knows this. I've raised here on the end with no flush in situations where I'm pretty sure I'm up against someone who knows the Clarkmeister. If I think they're bet-folding, I'm raising with anything.

But you're right: check-folding is better than check-calling.

paperboyNC 12-06-2005 12:24 PM

It's a scary card and a big pot. I am not such an opponent of the check/call because I think you'll induce a bluff often enough to show a profit. And you are getting over 12-1. You don't fold on the river getting 12-1.

pokerjunky 12-06-2005 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No.

Bet and fold to a raise. The TAG won't bet a worse hand in position; he'll check behind. He also won't raise without a better hand. It's very rare for a TAG to raise a 4-flush river in position without a flush. Also, there is a small chance he'll fold a better hand to your bet -- not likely, but check-calling is the least optimal play. In fact, check-folding is better than check-calling too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm thinking is this: Tag villain 3-bet PF. Therefore his range is most likely TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA, and AK. On the river I lose to JJ, QQ, AA, and tie with KK. He's obviously not folding any of those to a bet. He's also not calling with AK or TT unless he has a heart. So in all actuality I'm already most likely beat and betting would be a waste of money since he's not folding a better hand or calling with a worse.

I think the big decision is between check/calling and check/folding.