Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   KTo (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378082)

PokerBob 11-14-2005 07:32 AM

KTo

canterbury 15/30 9 handed

I don't know too much about button, but one other player told me he is a calling station monkey. Folds to button who raises. SB folds. I call in the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, button bets, I raise, he calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, he takes about 10-15 seconds and then raises. He may or may not have made some speech with said raise, but I had my ipod on so who knows. What's my line?

11-14-2005 07:43 AM

Re: KTo

It seems to me that the combined chances of being ahead at the moment plus you can draw another club makes a call +EV, due to the fairly big pot. A raise would make no sense, since he'll reraise when you are beat, losing a bet, and he probably won't call you with a worse hand. So a raise has no or negative expectation.

einbert 11-14-2005 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that the combined chances of being ahead at the moment plus you can draw another club makes a call +EV, due to the fairly big pot. A raise would make no sense, since he'll reraise when you are beat, losing a bet, and he probably won't call you with a worse hand. So a raise has no or negative expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I threebet the turn here.

jgorham 11-14-2005 10:43 AM

It would help to know exactly what calling station monkey means. Does button raise QQ on the turn? The A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? Or are monkeys of a more passive nature in general, more inclined to laugh and eat?

bicyclekick 11-14-2005 10:52 AM

Ehh it's pretty close and doesn't overly matter.

11-14-2005 01:45 PM

I think I'd want to see a bet go in on the river. If you just call, do you check a non-club river to him?

11-14-2005 02:21 PM

Even when you're behind against a K with better kicker, you still have 3 outs + 6 outs for a split pot, and on top of that 9 outs for a flush which will probably win. So it looks like an easy call.

Check-call the river unimproved because you are getting 9:1 odds.

ggbman 11-14-2005 02:44 PM

I like to call this turn raise and bet/call the river.

CardSharpCook 11-14-2005 03:53 PM

Calling station monkeys don't 3bet bluff that often. I call, check/call.

11-14-2005 04:29 PM

I wouldn't like to see the river go check/check, and how much faith are we going to put in some random guy's read?