Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   To All 2+2ers around Austin (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375085)

11-09-2005 03:49 PM

To All 2+2ers around Austin

Im gonna be moving to San Marcos to go to Texas State in the spring, I'll be there in Dec., and I dont know any cool places in Austin/surrounding area. SO! Im wanting to know if we cuold get some type of get together in that area, Im down to buy some drinks and [censored].

We could do some of the Crimson Challenges I wanna do then as well. If not, can yall tell me some of the cool [censored] to do around Austin?

thanks.

shant 11-09-2005 03:54 PM

Re: To All 2+2ers around Austin

It's really hard not to find something cool to do in Austin. I was there and went out on a Tuesday and found 6 or 7 bars that were full of people partying on a Tuesday, and school wasn't even in session. You can start on 6th Street.

11-09-2005 03:57 PM

Yeah, my cousin that lives in South Austin was telling me that 6th street has more bars than all of d-town houston.

Im not a huge clubbing/party guy. I meant more of the badass restaurants and stuff like that. Also, I ride bikes, freestyle on street, and offroad, so Im lookin for places to do that.

The only thing I'd normally be worried about, an mj hookup, is taken care of.

tdarko 11-09-2005 03:58 PM

6th st., great live music and bars.

that's about it.

joshman1204 11-09-2005 04:21 PM

for biking you can check out barton springs with the mountain bike or hit up 620 for some good road biking. As far a restraunts go head out to lake travis and try carlos and charlies or the oasis for a good time.

MonkeeMan 11-09-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for biking you can check out barton springs with the mountain bike or hit up 620 for some good road biking. As far a restraunts go head out to lake travis and try carlos and charlies or the oasis for a good time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the Oasis still open? It might smell a little smokey.

Eat TexMex at Chuy's.

Head out to Enchanted Rock and bike in that area.

tdarko 11-09-2005 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eat TexMex at Chuy's.

[/ QUOTE ]
mmmmmmm, this is the correct dining answer.

imported_anacardo 11-09-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eat TexMex at Chuy's.

[/ QUOTE ]
mmmmmmm, this is the correct dining answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

The CORRECT correct answer is Guero's and it is, as the kids say, not even close.

joshman1204 11-09-2005 04:44 PM

yea oasis reopened the next weekend and I belive they are fully rebuilt now.

I never cared to much for the biking around enchanted rock but I guess each his own.

I'll second chuys I almost forgot about that place but it is awesome and also try some rudys bar-b-q

11-09-2005 04:46 PM

I actually have one you guys might not know. Go to south austin, by the brodie lane area, and order dumplings from "wok on fire", 15 for 4.99... best damn dumplings ever.

Plus, Im not sure if any of you know this place, but me and my cousin were stoned out of our minds, and he took me to this 24 hour diner, all chrome and baby blue, where they served chinese food.