Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Which would you choose? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=36801)

Zeno 06-12-2003 02:40 AM

Which would you choose?

This is a copy of an e-mail I recently received from an OLD, OLD friend:

"Entertainment possibilities:

Sept. 12th: Allmann Brothers Band @ The Hard Rock ($55.50 or $80.50)
Sept. 13th: Oscar De La Hoya vs. Sugar Shane Mosley @ MGM Grand (minimum $100/$300/$600/$800/$1200)

Sept 13th: Tony Orlando vs Tonya Harding @ Barbury Coast ($3.50)

I kind of like the idea of checking out the championship boxing. "

Is the championship fight really on at the MGM - Or is the Tonya Harding match the way to go?

-Zeno

arod4276 06-12-2003 02:59 AM

Re: Which would you choose?

Zeno,you gotta go to the fight. Ive never been to a big fight, but I hear the experience is awesome. I didnt know Mosley was still fighting. Hes getting old. The Allman Bros. would be a close second (Rambling Man is greatness). If you want to see white trash, like Tanya Harding, fight, take a drive down to the trailer park around midnight on a saturday. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Howard Burroughs 06-12-2003 07:30 AM

I've seen the Allman Brothers live. I've seen Shane Mosley fight & I've seen Tonya Harding naked.

If I had to do it all over again.........The Allman Brothers are a hell of a band!

Best of Luck

Howard

gilly 06-12-2003 07:37 AM

Go see Tonya Harding. IT will be the most entertaining of the three shows.

PokerBabe(aka) 06-12-2003 09:29 AM

Zeno- I would choose the championship fight, especially if you get ringside seats. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] If you can't get ringside, it loses much of it's "punch", and I would then just buy a few racks at Mirage and come play with the Babe instead. LGPG. [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

Ray Zee 06-12-2003 10:36 AM

so Zeno, for the price you just paid for your new gun-- the same money you can go watch two guys slug it out, and might find its over in ten minutes. you get more time out of the allmann bros. and alot less dough.

too bad you have such poor taste in bands or you could find some enjoyment in life.

Homer 06-12-2003 10:44 AM

I'd go with the Allman Brothers concert if I could only choose one. But hey, if you can afford both, go to the concert and then go to the fight the next night.

-- Homer

Kurn, son of Mogh 06-12-2003 11:47 AM

De La Hoya Vs. Moseley and it isn't even close.

Kurn, son of Mogh 06-12-2003 11:58 AM

might find its over in ten minutes

Doubtful at this weight class, even more doubtful with these two guys. Besides, there's probably a decent undercard.

snakehead 06-12-2003 05:58 PM

tonya is going to kick his sorry ass. I might make a special trip just to see it.