Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Simple TPTK question on monotone board (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330231)

private joker 09-05-2005 05:05 PM

Simple TPTK question on monotone board

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks...

What's your plan for the turn and river?

Moozh 09-05-2005 05:11 PM

Re: Simple TPTK question on monotone board

I'd bet once for the free showdown. Fold to any raise.

o0mr_bill0o 09-05-2005 10:01 PM

what about checking to try to induce a bluff on the river? i feel like only a hand that beats you will call on the turn, but a worse hand might bet the river to tryto pick up the pot. you also avoid the possibility of getting knocked out to a bluff check-raise on the turn

mute 09-05-2005 10:17 PM

Check the turn, call or bet if checked to on the river.

I would hate having to fold to a checkraise against an unknown, and often you will pick up a bet from a worse hand on the river.

BottlesOf 09-05-2005 10:36 PM

I think it depends A LOT on the bb.

surfdoc 09-05-2005 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what about checking to try to induce a bluff on the river? i feel like only a hand that beats you will call on the turn, but a worse hand might bet the river to tryto pick up the pot. you also avoid the possibility of getting knocked out to a bluff check-raise on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the correct line for the most part. You are not particularly worried about a free card here. If he has a flush he is never folding and you would rather not have to lay down to a bluff albeit a rare one. The only real advantage I see to betting the turn is if he has no trump and the 5th card to the flush comes you then chop.

private joker 09-06-2005 01:38 AM

Yeah, what I did was I checked the turn intending to call a river bet, since I assumed he would bet any river. But then he checked the river...

obsidian 09-06-2005 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, what I did was I checked the turn intending to call a river bet, since I assumed he would bet any river. But then he checked the river...

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you need to bet. There is chance he has a baby flush but he will still pay off with a worse pair. If he c/r's I would fold and be amazed by his great play if he shows me a worse hand.

private joker 09-06-2005 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Then you need to bet. There is chance he has a baby flush but he will still pay off with a worse pair. If he c/r's I would fold and be amazed by his great play if he shows me a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet and he folded. I'm wondering if he would have called a turn bet. I don't think so, since it's hard to call there without a heart, but that's why I posted it...

Petteri 09-06-2005 03:32 AM

I think bet-fold line is best for the turn. With four flush on board you have fold equity.

If you get called take free showdown at river.