Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Superficial "Weighing the Odds" comment (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324492)

theghost 08-28-2005 01:13 PM

Superficial \"Weighing the Odds\" comment

I like the red ink for hearts and diamonds.

Lost Wages 08-28-2005 01:40 PM

Re: Superficial \"Weighing the Odds\" comment

I agree although for my ultimate nitpick of the month, it's more like maroon than a bright red.

Lost Wages

theghost 08-28-2005 02:18 PM

I like the subdued quality of the maroon

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jordan Olsommer 08-28-2005 02:24 PM

I liked the taste of the paper - Oaky, but with a faint hint of raspberry, and it closes with a fantastic citrus finish.

TaoTe 08-28-2005 05:06 PM

So do i. It's another part of the layout of the book that is better than all other poker books.

pastabatman 08-28-2005 07:53 PM

I agree, and don't think it's superficial at all. For me, it greatly increases the readability. I'm one of those lame players that likes the '4 color' option for the suits at Party. I don't have the foggiest what this adds to the printing cost, but it sure seems like an easy way to greatly improve a book (listening 2+2?).

08-28-2005 08:15 PM

I'm getting hungry, hope my Book coming soon [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

King Yao 08-28-2005 08:44 PM

I had no idea my publisher (Stanford Wong) was going to use the red, but when I saw it, it blew me away. I have a big problem with 2 color decks online, and always switch to the 4 color decks. When I saw the red heart and diamond, it was a similar difference to me. I'm glad other people like it too.

As for the cost, Stanford told me it was more expensive, and I vaguely remember something about being 50% more expensive as a whole, but I don't know exactly. The red is also the reason that the second printing of the book took so long, the manufacturer had to purchase a new printer (or machine, something like that) that would get multiple colors in easier.

MicroBob 08-29-2005 02:03 AM

I think the general design of the book is VERY good (not just the cover which I have previously complimented).

I would love it if Mason would consider something similar for future 2+2 books (and future editions of current 2+2 books).

newhizzle 08-29-2005 03:07 AM

the red ink truely made this book great