Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Rush Limbaugh's Voice is Changing due to.. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=3002)

11-09-2001 11:18 PM

Rush Limbaugh\'s Voice is Changing due to..

I don't mean this as a goof on Rush, but have you noticed the difference in Rush's voice, specifically the higher register tones when he gets a little emotional(The lower tones sound the same)? I find the new sound of his voice a little annoying. It sounds like Phil Hendrie doing an impression of Rush. I've heard Rush has been losing/or has lost much of his hearing, so I assume it's due to that. If it gets any worse, I wonder if he'll continue to broadcast?

11-09-2001 11:28 PM

Re: Rush Limbaugh\'s Voice is Changing due to..

I noticed that yesterday. and, yes, it must be related to his hearing loss --which I understand was both rather sudden and rather severe

too bad

11-10-2001 05:50 AM

Geez,

You guys just figured this out? I used to listen to Rush a lot when I was a young lad of in high school, but in the last few years probably only listened to him about once a month. Then about 4 months ago I heard him and I was like "WTF happened to his voice?!?!?!?!" I agree with you totally Ted- it sounded like Phil Hendrie impersonating his voice, (in fact I thought it was a promo for Hendries show until I realized that I was listening to the REAL Rush Limbaugh show) but this was about 2 or 3 months before anybody knew about his hearing problem. It's rather sad.

BTW do you like Phil Hendrie? I think he's the greatest thing that EVER happened to radio- or any live entertainment for that matter. Damn that's a funny show.

11-10-2001 06:01 AM

Re: Yes

Of course I dig Phil, I can't imagine anybody not liking him.

11-10-2001 11:48 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

11-10-2001 02:07 PM

Re: Whatever happens to Rush he is a 1st class

Really? I always thought he was a big fat idiot...

11-10-2001 02:35 PM

Well, for someone who wasn't given the Monday Night Football job due to his expressed dislike of Blacks and Jews, I guess he is ok.

11-10-2001 06:52 PM

Please, don\'t bring this forum any lower ...

with a comment like that. Mr Limbaugh is a big, fat, idiot, like someone said.

11-10-2001 08:07 PM

Heh. When I first read Ted's post, I said to myself, 'don't get involved in this.' After all, I don't wish any ill will on the guy. So I'll just let snake say it for me.

Knee-Jerk Liberal Brett

11-10-2001 08:35 PM

Re: Rush Limbaugh\'s Voice is Changing due to..

The older I get, the more Republican I get... while I can't say that I agree with everything Rush has to offer, he definately says things that get us thinking... and reports the truth in a different light than mainstream TV newscasters do.