Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What's Up With Dogs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290682)

RacersEdge 07-11-2005 01:54 PM

What\'s Up With Dogs

I never really liked dogs much - and I hate the stereotype that you're not cool if you're not a "dog person".

What is it that makes owning dogs so popular? I mean they are messy - and smelly. You have to feed them, walk them, train them, take care of them. Some bark too much. They can tear up your stuff.

So with all that - why do so many people like/love dogs?

I'm really curious.

swede123 07-11-2005 01:57 PM

Re: What\'s Up With Dogs

They are loyal and happy. This is what sets them apart from most other animals (at least in my mind). They really do love you unconditionally, and that is why we put up with all their nasty and naughty behaviors.

Swede

MoreWineII 07-11-2005 01:57 PM

When I get home each day and open the door to some dumb animal that is so happy to see me that it can't stop sprinting around the house while howling with glee...

It just makes all that other crap worth it.

johnc 07-11-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I get home each day and open the door to some dumb animal that is so happy to see me that it can't stop sprinting around the house while howling with glee...

It just makes all that other crap worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Soul Daddy 07-11-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the stereotype that you're not cool if you're not a "dog person".

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never heard this "stereotype."

What the others said. They are nice companions. My dog can almost always put a smile on my face.

adios 07-11-2005 02:02 PM

A lot of women love dogs btw. When I take either of my bloodhounds for a walk in the local park I get some very interesting reactions and questions. My dogs are my friends and the negative things, which there are few of, are far outweighed by the positive.

bisonbison 07-11-2005 02:09 PM

I hate the stereotype that you're not cool if you're not a "dog person".

Well, it's not a stereotype so much as it's just weird not to like dogs. Dogs and cats, on average, are very lovable animals. I can understand not liking pet birds or snakes. But the big 2 mammal pets? Usually quite good.

[censored] 07-11-2005 02:16 PM

their my friends, I enjoy the companionship.

I wouldn't say your uncool but I find your position somewhat weird.

BeerMoney 07-11-2005 02:18 PM

I have a cat that has actually has a nice personality. She kind of has the benefits of a dog without all of the work.

I like dogs, but am not crazy about them. Some are absolutely awesome, others are just a pain in the ass.

Aggressive dogs are the worst.

MoreWineII 07-11-2005 02:24 PM

Ew, cats.